Saturday, February 14, 2015

VALENTINES BETTER THAN A PERSON

So the much awaited, much hyped Valentine's Day is finally here. 

Everywhere I see reds, red roses, red teddy bears, big red Valentine's Day special edition "I Love You" cards, couples walking arm in arm, surprisingly, dressed in red. From a young budding teenage love to couples celebrating their 50 or so years of togetherness, everyone seems to be busy with their better halves, going on dates and spending the day together, updating their relationship status on facebook, instagramming love quotes, tweeting about how lucky they are to have someone so important to make their lives a better place. 

We also have some friends and family members gifting their friends and family members chocolates and what not because love is not limited between husband and wife or girlfriend and boyfriend. 

Then there are the singles, either turning a blind eye to everything that's going around Like A Boss, criticizing Valentine's Day and spreading it's un-importance, stating their 'Foreveralone'ness. And lastly, the popularly increasing group of, wait-for-it, the "I am in love with myself for there is no one as awesome as me" people.

And somewhere far below at the bottom of the list just about to get picked out of the page entirely, there's me, writing a blog post about my better halves way better than a person.

1. BOOKS



If I were to get stranded on a deserted island, I'm the type that would choose books over a person's company any day. In fact, I don't need to get stranded anywhere, given the choice I'll be choosing books over people right now. I always have this strange sense of happiness running inside me when I see someone reading a book in public transport, in cafes, by the roadside.
Write it down, someday us bookworms are going to rule the world, after we finish this one more book.

2. FOOD

What can I say about food? Even if I write an entire novel about how much I love food, it's never going to be enough. Food is the love of my life. I'm happy, give me food. I'm sad, give me food. I'm bored, well then give me some food. I just woke up, food. I just ate an hour ago. So what? I'm hungry, I need food. It's the middle of the night. Well guess what? I'm going to the kitchen because I need food. And I'll bring back some to my bedside just in case I might get hungry after a few hours.







No amount of memes is sufficient to convey how much I love food.

3. GADGETS

The basic needs for human has become modified from "Food, Shelter, Clothing" to "Food, Shelter, Clothing and most importantly, Gadgets". And I'm no different. 

The first thing I'll do when I wake up is feel around the bed for my phone, check Facebook and Twitter while half asleep, go to the toilet and level up in a game while taking a dump, check my email as I eat my breakfast, do stuffs, grab the laptop, log back in to Facebook and Twitter, see nothing, go through some useful and more useless stuffs in the Internet, check Facebook again, still see nothing, close the laptop.
Log in from my phone again after 5 minutes to find there's still nothing to see, open Instagram, go digging deep, do some stuffs again. It's night already, go to the bed to sleep, but instead of sleeping, use my phone again to read a book and fall asleep in the middle.



I'm not Steve and I might be gay, but I'm definitely in love with gadgets. It's just like Sheldon Cooper says, replacing human contact by developing a deeper relationship with a machine. Kudos! 

4. GARDEN

I mean who doesn't love a garden, right? And if somebody doesn't, like why?



Something must be wrong with them. A garden is by far one of the most beautiful places to leave your heart in. The soft chirping of insects and bird,all the different colours of life, the smell of fresh flowers mixed with the smell of wet earth. Aaah! A garden is heaven on earth.

5. CHOCOLATES


No, I prefer not to include chocolates simply in the food category. Chocolates are much more than just mere food. I saw a quote by Andrea Gibson "Yesterday, I carved your name into the surface of an ice cube, then held it against my chest 'til it melted into my aching pores." It's the same with me, except I don't write anybody's name and it's chocolate in place of ice.

6. COFFEE

Again, I don't include coffee in the food category too. Normal people drink, one or maybe two cups of coffee in a day. Me? I drink at the very least four or five cups, there is no upper limit. No relationship with a person will ever be as nice as a relationship with coffee. I'm thinking of marrying coffee as soon as the state legalizes our marriage.


7. ANIMES

I still don't know why people keep asking me if I'm too old for cartoons and animes. No. No, I'm not. Nobody is too old for cartoons. I have learnt more life lessons from mangas and fictional characters than school ever taught me. And I don't plan on backing out.



But then again, if you have somebody who can get you all these, I have no idea what you're doing here.

And yes, you've guessed it. I'm single.

This being said, Happy Valentine's Day to everybody out there. Spread love all 365 days around the year, the world needs more caring and nicer people. J

1 comment:

  1. well written Astha..i agree to everything you wrote,specially anime and food part XD
    keep posting!! and happy valentine <3

    ReplyDelete